V-it is currently looking for a Big Data Engineer.
Einde: 17/06/2023 (verlengbaar)
Our client as a Data Driven Company will leverage data across the group to generate new revenue streams and efficiency levers. To achieve this, a datalake (Common Data Hub) is being built by our client and GEM is contributing as an early adopter. Client Data and Market information are historically at the heart of GEM business model and expertise.
GEM Challenges are:
- Improving our decision process and activity overview and providing new high value services to our clients.
- Enabling value and opportunity creation
- Purpose of the service
- The service will be provided within the Short Term Power as a Service (SPaaS) Data team that is responsible for implementing projects in the GEM datahub, adressing with business and IT team various use cases.
Services will be around:
- Data collection
- Data ingestion (structured and non-structured) in datalake
- Data processing and transformation upon use cases (historization, analytics, datascience, …)
- Data exposition
- Performance and cost optimization
The main activities are:
- Collecting, understanding, challenging and refining business requirements & opportunities
- Designing solutions following architecture guidelines
- Leading development activities and contributing to developments in a senior / expert role : Development activities consist in building and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable code, as per high standard of software quality, design and testing principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget
- Supporting continuous improvement of the services and applications. Identifying bottlenecks and bugs, and defining solutions to these problems
- Accompanying and supporting junior staff
- Delivering production ready services to users with the highest level of satisfaction
- Writing and updating technical documentations in English and making them available to the team and partners.
- Providing effective and timely communication to all relevant teams
- AWS - Junior (under 2 years)
- Big data patterns: lambda, partitioning, bucketing, design by query, … - Advanced (5-7 years included) !!
- Big data technologies: HDFS/S3, Hive/Athena/Presto, Spark/Glue, Kafka/Kinesis, … - Advanced (5-7 years included) !!
- Coding (Python, Scala) - Advanced (5-7 years included) !!
- Proactive, ability to take initiatives in its own area of responsibilities and solution oriented
- Ability to lead developers towards delivery and quality
- Ability to multi task
- Good practice of software development standards
- Good knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kaban, ...)
- English (preferably also good knowledge of French)
!! = important skills
Team is located in Brussels (but occasional travels to Paris can be expected).