V-it is currently looking for 2 System Engineers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for an outstanding senior system engineer to join our WCS Platform team!
We are driven by technical excellence, raising the bar for ourselves, our team, and the organization. We care deeply about how we build something, but maybe even more about why we make it. We are customer and team obsessed. Members of the team challenge each other constantly on whether we are building the right thing for our customers. Outcome and impact are king/queen. The work is far from done when a feature gets shipped to production. We own and run what we build, always.
Are you a proven self-starter who can work in a collaborative environment that rewards experiments, initiative, curiosity, and mentoring?
Are you looking for a job where you can make a change with your knowledge of SRE and DevOps principles in an exciting domain?
Then listen up! (Or keep reading)
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
A warehouse control system is a software application used to manage and direct material handling automation systems within a warehouse or distribution center. Warehouse control systems (WCS) ensure an efficient product flow across different material handling equipment and sub-systems such as conveyors, pick-to-light modules, carousels, sorters, AS/RS systems, and AGVs, among others. The WCS will control the automated material handling equipment and integrate it with a warehouse management system (WMS) that manages and plans warehouse activities from receiving through shipping.
The WCS Platform team's objective is to enable the WCS Product team by eliminating toil, improving resiliency, automating release & quality engineering, increasing observability, and introducing incident response improvements.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will join a team of fellow system/software engineers that nurture an engineering culture with its roots in diversity, inclusion, and equality. We embrace a DevOps culture and have a can-do mentality as a team. Collaboration and communication are the strengths that boost your ability to tackle problems with technical solutions.
You will be reporting to engineering leadership, who will guide you to grow and build your career path.
WHAT YOU BRING
- You have education, professional credentials, and/or demonstrable expertise in Computer Science, Engineering, or Numerate Field
- You built and supported software or other technical products for the past 5 years
- You have experience in building infrastructure as code in a hybrid cloud environment (VMWare/AWS)
- You have experience in working with CI/CD pipelines.
- You have demonstrable skills in one or more programming languages like Java, Python, and/or Go
- You have demonstrable skills in one or more observability tools like Splunk, Grafana, Prometheus
- You are proficient in English.
- Proven experience of Warehouse control systems (WCS) or Warehouse execution systems (WES) is a plus.