V-it is momenteel op zoek naar een Data Scientist.
Senior Data Scientist with development background
We’re looking for a data scientist with strong development skills to work closely together with our development team in maturing a data-fusion based traffic model that calculates the multi-modal traffic intensity in city streets.
- Onboarding and transforming new data sources to our data standard;
- Improving and validating the model performance;
- Data and model architecture and development;
- Reporting and documentation of design decisions and progress towards stakeholders.
Required knowledge and skills
- Strong problem solving and ‘can-do’ mentality.
- You are experienced in writing high-quality code, you rather prevent bugs than fix them.
- You know the Python 3 ecosystem like the back of hand. You use pandas, geopandas regularly
- You are an expert in working with data and model management
- Background in applied mathematics or physics, e.g. you have knowledge of quadratic/linear optimisation, You are familiar with vectors and matrices
- Knowledge of ML concepts such as regression, Mean Absolute Error, etc.
Nice to have:
- You are familair with OSQP solver;
- You have affinity with analytical tools and models in the domain of mobility.
Duration of the assignment
- Minimum 3 months, full-time (5 days/week, 40 hours)
- Start as soon as possible
- We support a healthy work/life balance. Working remote is possible, with weekly attendance at the office.