V-IT is looking for an Integration Architect
: 6 months +
IT Integration team belongs to Architecture & DEVOPS department and is taking care of the complex integration between our applications (custom or package- based) and our partners.
We are involved during the whole application development lifecycle: from architecture, design, implementation, testing & operational support.
We are involved in most major IT projects & programs and are in touch with many different clients within our company
- Mobile & digital projects
- Employee Benefits/Healthcare projects
- Non-Life projects
- Life projects
- Telephony and CRM based projects
We use the most suitable patterns, technologies & platforms to meet the requirements from .NET batches, REST or SOAP services, BizTalk or SQL Server SSIS/SSRS.
Aside the integration applications, we manage the supporting platforms & frameworks e.g. Microsoft BizTalk, Sentinet (API gateway) or .NET utilities & tools (tracking, etc.) or Integration patterns.
Objective of the job
Integration development projects
- Design & document the architecture of all integration development projects.
- Understand and challenge the business requirements especially when influencing integration aspects (communication mode, robustness, performance, etc.).
- Support detailed analysis and design that will be used by the development team.
- Explain, coach & follow-up the development team (mostly .NET) during these projects.
- Follow up/support implementation phase to ensure alignment with architecture + tackle all open integration architecture questions or changes.
- Collaborate with fellow architects and constructively come to the best solutions.
- Report to project leaders & managers on risks, issues, planning…
- Ensure the quality of new built and existing applications.
- Maintain & promote Integration patterns & platforms
- Maintain & update the standard integration solutions in place.
- Inform & engage IT colleagues to align on integration patterns & standards
- Propose and document the required standards, guidelines, best practices to increase development productivity & quality.
- Participate in evaluating new integration technologies/products/patterns
- Master degree in Informatics or equivalent through experience.
- Dutch and French
- Experience as a software/application architect.
- Experience on project architecture with integration of multiple systems, partners and packages.
- Experience as a software/application .NET architect
- Knowledge of SOAP & XML technologies + REST, Json
- Knowledge & experience in .NET C# & NET framework (from 4.0 to latest)
- Knowledge & experience in following standard .NET technologies (ASP.NET Web API, WCF, ADO.NET, Entity Framework).
- Being aware of best practices, trends & evolutions of the IT industry and most particularly Microsoft technologies stacks.
- Strong knowledge and experience of most common design patterns in different scenarios (online, async or batch)
- Experience in software architecture, functional & technical documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to establish a good design
- Demonstrated experience in leading an implementation
- Experience in gathering & challenging functional & nonfunctional requirements (reliability, performance, etc.)
- Experience in setting up alarming, monitoring & support processes related to integration solutions
- Experience on projects with different technology stacks, & infrastructure aspects.
- Experience in functional analysis, implying contact with business stakeholders
- Interest for business process analysis
- Experience in insurance or financial domain.
- Knowledge of queuing, BizTalk technology
- General knowledge of Mainframe development architecture & technologies (COBOL/DB2/IMS)
- Knowledge of SQL Server technologies (SSIS, SSRS…)
- Experience in solving performance related problems
- Knowledge of popular technologies & framework built around .NET (enterprise library, mocking framework e.g. Moq, IOC container, etc.)
- Experience in automated performance & load testing
- Knowledge of SharePoint, MS Dynamics CRM
- Knowledge of authentication/authorization standards such as OAuth
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and on budget.
- Planning & estimation skills & techniques
- Project indicators (Earned Value Analysis)
- Highlight reporting