V-it is currently looking for an Angular Developer.
Our client is actively looking for a Senior Angular developer with optional but very appreciated .NET knowledge background in its development team in the functional domain “Asset Management (gas network)”. These domains cover business activities related to our gas assets (as GRID Maintenance, Metering, Engineering, Construction, …). The objective of this development team is to supply services for a series of mobile and back office applications:
• Project Services: Adapting the software product to fit requirements from corporate-wide projects.
• Product Enhancement: Providing a software product that is fully adapted to the business needs by implementing new functionality requested by the business users.
• Product Support: Ensuring the continuity of the operations of the software product and providing support to the users of these applications.
• Product Maintenance: Ensuring the correct functioning of the software product: resolution of production problems and adaptation of the software product to a changed environment.
The main mission is focused on the project “Field Digitalization program” to develop the frontend part of the solution. The candidate will have a strong experience in Angular and in web app software like Progressive Web Apps or Hybrid Apps. The candidate will be involved in all aspects of the product lifecycle: adding new product features, maintaining existing features as well as end user support and bug resolution.
The objective of this “Field Digitalization Program” is to deliver a web or mobile application with offline capabilities to the users.
The candidate must be able to support other applications maintained within the team, both mobile and back-office applications.
• Actively participate in the Scrum-based development team
• Design and implement new functionalities and maintain existing ones
• Automate tests (unit tests, integration tests) as part of the day-to-day work
• Realize support and maintenance service by helping in bug finding and resolution, incident management
• Collaborate with operations teams to deploy and configure the software in production
• Propose Architectural improvements of existing products General Skills
• At least be able to follow passively a conversation in both of our national languages Dutch & French (this is a must) and fluent in English
• Ability to communicate with business analysts for understanding the specifications and designs that form the basis for implementation
• Ability to communicate with technical lead to understand the constraints of the architecture that must be followed
• Passionate about software development
• Software Craftsman
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to do bottom-up research for problem diagnostics
• Problem solver & negotiator
• Ability to work according to rules, standards and guidelines defined by the Enterprise Architecture/Security Office
• Ability to communicate realistic predictions about the development work
• Ability to learn a complex business model
• Ability to work structured following the procedures (check-in, check-out, time sheet reporting, punctuality)
• Ability to work remote 40% and on site 60%
• Be able to work hands ‘on (code) in Angular. Knowledge in other languages like C# and SQL is appreciated.
• Deep understanding of modern web app software’s like Progressive Web Apps & Hybrid Apps
• Deep understanding of the software production process, specifically with agile processes
• Affinity with the technical stack & tools used by the team: (presented in order of importance):
2. Web Application Software: Hybrid/WebNative App (Ionic)
3. C# (.Net Core & .Net Framework)
4. WEB API
5. Visual Studio
7. Programming Design Patterns
8. Entity Framework is an added value
9. Azure is an added value
Our primary on-prem platform is Windows but we move more and more workloads to Linux, so some basic understanding of Linux is an asset.
Our primary cloud hosting platform is AKS, but we are also using other Azure cloud services.
Here under we list our dev pipeline automation stack. Experience with the frontend/backend side is a must, some affinity with the others is a plus:
1. Azure DevOps & Azure pipelines
10. Azure in general
13. Windows DSC
15. Octopus Deploy