We zijn voor één van onze klanten op zoek naar een Product Owner
Start datum: ASAP
Duurtijd: tot en met het einde van het jaar, met optie tot verlenging
Locatie: regio West-Vlaanderen & remote (tot 2 à 3 dagen per week)
Our Product Owner has a hands-on mentality and demonstrates that one can balance between automating, continuous improvement, functionality, stability, availability, security, resources, scope, clarity and budget. The PO takes full responsibility and delivers a stable and trustworthy system / product for the stakeholders and their customers.
You are able to manage all this into a realistic delivery planning and budget and can transparently communicate on this to all stakeholders involved.
You as a Product Owner are our critical shackle and 360° pivot between the users of the product(s), the internal stakeholders and Product Managers, the other Product Owners, the IT leadership and department, the involved partners, and suppliers in developing the product(s) / project(s).
You will be part of a team of Product Owners each responsible for a set of digital products / projects. Our ideal candidate has proven experience in the digital landscape (web development, apps,..) including a deep technical affinity with this landscape, he/she is Dutch speaking (fluently), knowledge of French / English is an asset (both verbal and written).
A Product Owner within our organization needs to ensure and realize maximum value for the organization, from the product development process. This essentially means collaborating closely with the development team and ensuring all the product requirements (functional, non-functional and technical) are agreed upon, well defined, prioritized and executed in time.
The Product Owner plays a key role in the Scrum team, along with the Scrum master and the development team. One of the main roles of a Product Owner is to manage the product backlog. This will include the following activities:
- Product Backlog Management (can/will be assisted by a Scrum Master but in certain products/projects the PO will also take the role of Scrum Master); prioritize and order the product backlog in the right manner so that the important tasks are given topmost priority in line with the customer's vision and goals.
- Evaluate the work done by the development team and provide constant feedback (to the Product Manager, IT Manager Development and other stakeholders)
- the Product Owner must ensure that the product backlog is communicated clearly to all team members
- The team must have clarity on the product requirements and user expectations
- Continuously monitor and communicate to the team
- Clearly communicate the vision and constantly monitor the customer'sobjectives so that this stays in line with the original agreed vision
- Anticipate customer needs and their impact on the product / project; ensure maximum product value in line with customer expectations and product vision but also taking into account pre-agreed budget and timings.
- Evaluate the progress in every phase of the product lifecycle
- Clearly define and monitor, in strong collaboration with the team, DoR and DoD
- Act as a 360° pivot for all products / projects in his/her portfolio; in such not only focussing on the team and key stakeholders but also towards external partners and suppliers involved in the product / project hence service management
The PO shall demonstrate excellent communication and leadership skills. As one of the significant responsibilites of the role is interacting and aligning with many stakeholders, it is imperative to be able to convince team members on achieving the required goal.
The PO is the single point of contact for understanding customer requirements and expectations from the product(s). He/she must interpret (and challenge) customer requirements and define them with product functionality. Customer requirements need to be properly translated and communicated in the right technical language so that the development team can easily understand and interpret them. In this the PO can be assisted by a functional and/or technical analyst, a member of the Enterprise Architect team.
We expect from our future PO that he/she actively will assist the CIO and IT managers in the Agile transition hence help the colleague Product Owners grow in both maturity and skills. The new PO will also play a very important role in bringing the agreements and processes between the business stakeholders and the IT teams to a next level of maturity.